Short and sweet update on my decisions to try and go back to older games, as well as entries to other options.
- Black Ops 2: Everyone’s on Ghosts
- Alliance of Valiant Arms: Everything is fucking OP, and the shop system has been butchered.
- Blacklight Retribution: HRV a.k.a. legal wallhacking slows the game down to a crawl.
- Quake Live: Time issues, and it’s hardly popular in North America.
- Counter-Strike: Very very tempting, but the community is still split between three games, unlike StarCraft where the entire scene had pretty much transitioned into SC2 HotS. As an example, CEVO still hosts 1.6, Source, AND GO events.
- COD4 Promod: NOBODY is playing this on leagues anymore. Hell, I don’t think it’s on ANY league.
- KOFXIII: If I have the time, sure, as well as a regular sparring partner/s, but like I said in the main post, it’s fragmented as a community.
- America’s Army Proving Grounds: I was pretty good at AA3, but I never saw any competition potential on it. Highly considering this route.
- Tribes Ascend: I’m complete shit at this game
- League of Legends: LOL FUCK MOBA SOLO Q IS HELL
- Ghost Recon Online: Another good candidate that would actually be fun to play. My only issues with this game is my frame rates when playing it. Gotta upgrade my rig first.
- Day of Defeat: WAIT, SERIOUSLY? This shit is still listed on NationalESL. Tempting but no.
- TF2: Really, it’s more of the same “I have to find a team” deal.
That’s about it, really. While I have options, I’m just too reluctant to start again, considering my rig isn’t up to spec anymore.